October. A time when the days grow dark and the shadows grow long.
A time for harvesting and for pruning so that life can spring anew. It is also a time for dying, much as we like to forget.
Yet in this dying of leaves, trees, our energy levels and the carefree time that came with the summer, there is a silence to be found and one that it so very profound. October is a time to grab onto the chaos of the changing of the seasons and harness it so that even though it came in like a jaguar, it can go out like a mouse.
To help with the altering of the seasons and of our minds that came with this month, a few things helped me and I hope they help you:
- This caramel bedtime tea was a sweet gift and one that will help to anchor our nights with a soothing ritual.
- If you enjoy Sci-fi or British culture, you might enjoy snuggling up on the couch with Dr. Who this fall with me. Autumn is the perfect time to get hooked on a good TV series for when you just need to tune out the world!
- If you are in need of some soul changing spiritual reading, John Climacus cannot be beat.
- If you need something “lighter”, the young adult literature Divergent trilogy launched its third volume, Allegiant, this month.
- What better to go with a good book than good soup like this lemony spinach, chicken & rice soup.
- Spinach and chorizo in a frittata? Give this a try, yo. Easy & hearty. Eat with a baguette.
- This purple plum torte looks divine and will give some variety to the all the pumpkin coming your way.
- I may not be brave enough to go all the way but the idea that we waste so much with how much we “need” to shower is an important point. On water washing your hair (or with honey).
And to share the love this October, I am getting ready to give back to my devoted readers by launching a combined giveaway with some other VGN Network bloggers to offer a really nice culinary gift to you. But before I do, I want your opinion. (Voting is over!)
If none of this words to brighten your day, remember, it is summer SOMEWHERE! If you have never read Donna Hay magazine from Australia, you should soon. Gorgeous photography.
Paid endorsement disclosure: In order for me to support the creation of Love & Wild Honey, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products/services from this blog. If this is done, it is only with products that fit my personal ethos.